A cocktail diet is now a very popular type of slimming diet. Colorful and appetizing sets of multi-flavored cocktails tempt us at any time of the year – in winter and spring, when we are thirsty for fruity madness, as well as in summer and autumn, when the season favors the tasting of vegetables and fruits.
It is widely known that cocktails composed of various vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and seeds are a real treasury of vitamins and nutrients. Above all, they are a rich source of vitamin C, beta-carotene and fiber, but they also have a lot of B vitamins that speed up metabolism. The main goal of the cocktail diet, however, is to detox the body, which is to clean it of toxins, which accumulate systematically as a result of stress, improper nutrition, exposure to harmful substances (e.g. nicotine, alcohol). After such detox lasting usually 2 weeks, our body resets itself – the metabolism accelerates, runs smoothly.
The benefits of a cocktail diet
- Providing the body in a natural way with many needed vitamins and nutrients
- Perfect hydration of the body
- Acceleration of metabolism
- Loss of digestive ailments
- Improvement of skin, hair and nails
- Improving the quality of sleep
- Stabilization of the hormonal and enzymatic system
- It helps to regain energy, especially during the spring solstice
- Strengthens immunity
- No yo-yo effect
To see the positive effects of the diet, you should consume cocktails for about 14 days in an amount of 4-5 times a day. Such mixtures may replace meals or be supplemented. The diet works exceptionally cleansing, so even after the detox is finished, it is worth to decide once a time for a three-day cocktail diet.
There are a few important rules to keep in mind when using a cocktail diet. We should:
- Avoid eating fatty meats, meats and fish at this time, as well as pasta, cereal, rice, white bread and yellow cheese.
- Set aside consumption of highly processed products (Fast-food), sweets, sugar, as well as alcohol and sugary drinks.
- Limit drinking coffee and tea to 2 cups a day.
- If cocktails are a supplement to our daily diet, remember to drink them always before a meal.
- In the first phase, hunger and a feeling of lack of warm dishes may appear. It is worth not to give up and survive this short period, because the body quickly gets used to changing eating habits.
During the diet, it is worth introducing moderate physical activity, and also to make some small changes in everyday life, for example, changing the elevator to go up the stairs and performing several exercises during the day (squats, rompers, pumps, fast trot). This activity should be gradually increased to make the diet effect more spectacular.
As with any other diet, also a cocktail diet, it is advisable to consult your family doctor or dietitian beforehand. In addition, the cocktail diet is not recommended for pregnant women and during breastfeeding, for pre-pubertal children and for people suffering from diseases such as diabetes, hyperthyroidism, tuberculosis, cancer and mental illness.
An example recipe for a dietetic cocktail
- a handful of raspberries,
- 2 kiwi fruit
- a few leaves of mint
Peel the apple and kiwi from the skin. Get rid of the apple seed socket and cut them into cubes.
Mix all ingredients in the blender until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. Then add water and re-blend.
Picture Credit: PhotoMIX-Company