The beginnings of running fashion go back to the seventies. Today, this sport is not only a way to engage in physical activity, to lose a few extra pounds or to keep in shape – it’s also a way of spending free time and sometimes even a lifestyle.
Fashion for running
Running is not only a way to engage in physical activity, to lose a few unnecessary pounds or to maintain form – it is also a way of spending free time, lifestyle and a set of many factors that have a beneficial effect on our body.
The beginnings of running fashion go back to the seventies, when in the period of great socio-economic changes in the United States, it turned out that there is money in sport. So, sponsors, clothing and sports companies, special sports shoes, nutrients and gadgets started to appear.
At the turn of the millennium, along with economic growth, there were problems with overweight, hypertension, stress, long sitting at work and driving a car. People needed traffic, and because running does not require extra costs outside of good footwear – it became very popular, it could be called a hobby or a way of life.
Nowadays there are a lot of running events in different countries. In addition to the classic marathons and half marathons, field racing (so-called traile), orienteering and adventure racing have developed, an integral part of which is running.
Real benefits from running
Running has a significant effect on our body:
- improves flexibility, length and trophics of muscles and other soft tissues,
affects the joints: improves the shape of joint surfaces and calms down bones and prevents osteoporosis,
- teaches the appropriate adjustment of the breathing mode to the effort, which increases the life capacity of the lungs, improves the activity, elasticity and elasticity of the lung tissue and the strength of the respiratory muscles.
- The chest is also shaped, prevents constipation and improves and accelerates metabolism,
- improves circulation; the heart volume is growing, the blood pressure is lowered and the circulatory system gets used to making a long effort, which at the later age prevents circulatory failure or coronary heart disease,
- It improves our efficiency, i.e. the ability to perform physical exercise without disturbing homeostasis and fatigue symptoms. Running is an aerobic sport, so if we undertake a physical effort lasting longer than 15 minutes, we gain energy by oxidizing the high energy compounds contained in the muscle cells before the metabolism of the uptake, transport and resorption functions of oxygen and energy substrates takes place through the work of the muscle cell.
- strengthens the muscles of our body, also the muscles of the spine. It is heavily used while running; keeps the posture upright and lifts the head, so the muscles surrounding it must work efficiently. A strong muscular spine corset reduces the risk of discopathy, degenerative changes and scoliosis. However, if your spine starts to hurt, it is worth to start running on soft ground, thanks to which its axis will not be exposed to injuries. However, it is best to do rest for a while,
- gives you real pleasure, of course after a while, because before the body gets used to new activity and effort, long weeks and months pass, until this activity becomes something common in our lives.
Running and slimming
Regular running is a recipe for a slim and modeled figure. Weight reduction is the goal of the vast majority of people who start their running adventure every year. Theoretically, after a month of systematic training, we should be 11 lbs lighter. However, if this is not the case, we probably exercise too short (only after 30 minutes we start to burn fat), we have an inadequate diet (with a poorly balanced, drastic or high-protein diet the body begins to defend itself against destruction and the yo effect may appear in a short time -jo), the intensity of the run is too small (usually we slow down the pace or go for a quick walk if you are breathless, but to burn fat you need to reach and maintain the right heart rate). We must also remember that dietary supplements only support the effects of training, but by themselves do not burn excess fat.