Wanting to find a slim fit figure, or just to maintain optimal health, people are engaged in fitness in gyms, on the street or at home. However, not always expectations from such trainings are justified, and the reason for this is the wrongly chosen direction of fitness, non-compliance with the main recommendations and unsuitable intensity of the loads.
Causes of failures in losing weight
Effective weight loss is due to a complex impact on the body through nutrition and exercise. To successfully lose weight, you must strictly follow the recommendations for the diet, as well as exercise regularly. Otherwise, the result will either not be at all, or the weight will drop very little and at the end of training will return doubly.
People, disappointed in the effectiveness of weight loss measures, are confident that they are not able to get rid of excess weight because of hereditary factors. In fact, the reason for this is the following common mistakes:
Improper diet and harmful eating habits.
Even the most intensive workouts will not give practically no results if the diet and diet are the same. The main condition that provides weight loss, is a calorie deficit. It can be created through active physical exertion and avoiding the use of fast carbohydrates. It is worth noting that carbohydrates are needed by the body to obtain energy, but it is better to choose the difficult ones (cereals, vegetables and fruits). In addition, do not set yourself tight restrictions and greatly reduce the amount of food consumed. The organism will perceive this as a signal of hunger, and begin to postpone the fat “in reserve.” The best option is frequent and fractional food intake, consisting of healthy foods.
Lack of regularity in fitness training.
A good result is achieved due to regular loads, so it is better to train a little, but three times a week than once, but for wear.
Desire for a quick result.
Very often a beginner sportsman wants to lose weight so quickly that he starts using all the known methods at his own time, trains every day and sharply reduces his diet. From this approach, weight does not go away faster, but there may be a state of overtraining, as a result of which many are disappointed in the sport and stop training.
Fitness for weight loss must be introduced into your life gradually, while slowly changing your diet and eating habits. Such a restructuring of the way of life should not bring much discomfort, but give a sense of ease and confidence in achieving the goal.
Cardio is considered the best way to lose weight. This physical load allows you to burn the maximum number of calories in a short period of time. In addition, cardiovascular and respiratory systems are strengthened during the sessions, blood circulation improves and metabolic processes in the body are accelerated. Such training does not require additional adaptations and can be conducted in the open air, which is an indubitable plus.
The rules of cardio loads for weight loss:
- The minimum duration of training is half an hour. The first 20 minutes the body uses glycogen as energy, only after that fat reserves are consumed.
- After a short workout, enough rest in one day; If the lesson lasts about an hour, it’s best to devote the rest of the day to rest.
- From time to time, conduct interval training, in which the phase of intensive work is replaced by the phase of active rest.
- During the class, monitor the heart rate. For optimal effect from fitness training, it should be approximately 60% of the maximum possible heart rate for you.
- Do not indulge in an empty stomach. About an hour before training, it is advisable to eat a light protein dish that will provide you with energy. After class, refrain from eating for one hour.
There are many types of aerobic loads with about the same effect, among which you can choose the one that suits you the most:
- walking (sports, Scandinavian, with a high knee elevation);
- jumping rope;
- bicycle riding;
- lessons on cardiovascular equipment.
Force physical exercise is also necessary for the acquisition of a slim, taut body. If during cardio the metabolic processes are accelerated only for the period of the training, after the strength exercises the metabolism continues to work actively due to the fact that the muscles begin to consume more and more energy.
Strength fitness for weight loss involves work on a specific pattern:
- training should be conducted no more than 2-3 times a week, with each time you need to load a new group of muscles, giving rest to the rest;
- one exercise is performed in at least 3 approaches, rest break between which should not be more than one minute;
- work should be with little weight of weights or without them, trying to perform every fitness exercise in a vigorous rhythm for 25-30 repetitions;
- before training it is necessary to do a little warm-up, and at its end – a set of stretching exercises;
- the main attention during the session should be given to the basic force elements that affect most of the muscles of the body at the same time.
Effective basic exercises include:
- push ups;
- bench press.
If you do not have the opportunity to attend the gym, you can conduct full-time workouts at home, using free video tutorials from the Internet. For such training it is enough to buy only a couple of dumbbells and a gym mat.
classes should be held 2-3 times a week and last at least half an hour, but not more than one hour. In each lesson, both aerobic and strength exercises should be present, and in the absence of a cardio training device, you can go jogging or jumping rope.
Image credit: mohamed_hassan